Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Holly's Meatloaf

Brian hasn't eaten it yet, so I can't claim a success yet ... but most of the kids liked it! I really liked it! Too long to explain why, but it will always affectionately be called Holly's Meatloaf!



Holly’s Meatloaf

1.5-2 lbs. ground beef 
½ onion, chopped
2 tbsp. minced garlic

1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup of dried bread crumbs (any flavor)

¼ cup Worcestershire sauce 
 2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. spicy brown mustard
1/3 cup ketchup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Sauté the chopped onion in a little bit of butter. When the onions are almost finished, add the garlic. Set aside to cool. 

In a large bowl combine the beef, egg, milk and bread crumbs. Now add the onion & garlic. Mix well. Place in a lightly greased loaf pan. 
 
In a separate small bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over meatloaf. 
 
Bake at 350 for 1 hour. 
  
I made just 1 modification and that is that I used 1lb ground beef and 1lb ground turkey. I also skipped the garlic in the onions because I didn't have any! I used garlic salt in the meat mixture and I think it turned out ok.

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I'll have to try it one of these nights that we are all home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian said it didn't kill him, so it's going in the monthly rotation now! :)

    ReplyDelete