Monday, November 21, 2011

Celebrating 35 Years ... of Living!

I must say that I had a really good 35th birthday!

Brian took 3/5 kids out shopping on Saturday for the usual groceries, plus gifts. I created a birthday/Christmas list for Brian to take the kids out shopping with. I stayed home with the 2 girls that were grounded!! Cleaned house for the sitter to come and did some laundry. Boys brought me home a bouquet from Costco. One of the gifts on the list was a poinsettia - they brought me home a GIANT one from Costco also.

One of Amber's friends, whose Mom I worked with and am good friends with, came over to help her babysit. We took Ashley over to my friend Jamie's house so that slightly older non-English speaking sister didn't have to deal with her! :)
I put on a sexy dress and hubby took me out to a very nice dinner - our fav place (Bone Fish) with good appetizers/drinks - and I got to order lobster, which was super yummy (regular date night I would not have)!! Hadn't had any cocktails since before summer (due to hosting and I only get them when we dine out for special occasions w/out the kids). Winter white martini w/cranberries - very yummy!
 
Sunday morning the kids gave me their gifts. Boys got me slippers, but they are mid-calf and look like Elmo's feet or something - they'll probably go back to the store! The girls that were grounded Brian picked out the gifts for - large holiday scented candles - one fall and one Christmas. Brian's gift to me was several boxes of Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark. Amber and Brian conspired to get me a gag gift, which is actually a gag gift for Amber, not me.

Amber's friend stayed overnight, so took all the kids to church and I taught 5 yr old Sunday School as a sub for a friend who was out of town. The family took me out to lunch at a pseudo family-friendly place called Not Your Average Joe's. The food it hit or miss, but the ahi tuna wantons are always good and I LOVE their crab cakes. The dessert was horrible!! Sounded good "the peanut butter thing" ... the kids devoured it once I let them try it!

Jamie took me out for "spa" mani/pedi (we usually don't get the extra "spa" part when we have a girls' day out). I got light purple polish and purple glitter! After that she took me to Starbucks for a peppermint mocha and then we went back to her house and we watched the new X-Men First Class movie that just came out on DVD.

I got home just after 9pm so that all my kiddies would be in bed! :) Ashley and Amber were still awake and came down to give me a hug ... and check out my nails! :)

My Gift from Brian

Amanda & I at Not Your Average Joe's
The kids devouring my dessert!
Purple Manicure
 The rest of the birthday weekend celebrations are on FB here:

No comments:

Post a Comment