Saturday, March 12, 2011

Back to Work ... and Blogging

I must say that my first two weeks back to work kicked me in the BUTT! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my job and the pro-life mission for which I do this work, but I had forgotten how LONG 45 minutes to work each direction feels! My first week back, I don't think I cooked a single night ... not even heating up a meal I had previously prepared and frozen.

On Monday, Brian suggested we order pizza and wings to celebrate my first day back - I'm sure not going to complain about that. Tuesday night we had left over soup from Sunday's noon meal. Wednesday night we ate at the church weekly potlock. Thursday night I honestly don't remember what we had, but I remember not cooking. Friday night I went to a friend's house and Brian was in charge of food at the house (and we have a don't ask don't tell policy on those nights)!

One night after being tucked in bed, I caught this scene when I 
went up to put some laundry away in the boys' room

The second week was better, but not by a whole lot! Sunday night I cooked a meal that produced lots of left overs, so we had those for Monday night and Brian had them for lunch the rest of the week. Tuesday night we had another meal that I had previously cooked and frozen and that produced some left overs ... which we took to the weekly church potluck on Wednesday night. Thursday night I worked late, so Brian was again in charge for dinner .... Sam says they had chicken nuggets and Gus was caged because he snuck one from Amanda's plate. I had defrosted some store bought raviolis, but I figured he wouldn't make them! :) Friday Dennis went to the dr (see Brian's post Who's the Whimp) and I had to come home early and work from home. By dinner time I didn't feel like making raviolis either, so we had some Costco take and bake pizza instead.

So, here we are on Saturday ... I have out on the counter defrosting boneless pork chops, 1 package ground beef, and 2 packages of chicken breasts. I am planning to make 2 meals tonight and 2 tomorrow night, eating 1 meal each night and freezing the other one for later this week.

Earlier this week we mailed out 4 packages to "friends" in Ukraine. T his is a sample of the jewelry we sent to our girls (left over Valentine's stuff that was on clearance for less than $1.50 ea at Walmart)!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    I am now your follower...or maybe your stalker ;).
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is hugging his large white teddy bear that Brian and the kids got him as a welcome home gift. It stays in his bed pretty much all the time!

    ReplyDelete