Friday, February 11, 2011

"French" Cranberry Chicken

Ok, so pretty much the exact OPPOSITE of the book I'm trying to use, which uses homemade sauce and not bottled and canned stuff, but it's easy and has 5 ingredients or less, so I thought I would try it. I found this in the church cookbook that I was browsing last week as we waited for dinner before AWANA's. It is very similar to a dish made at my house at least twice a month, which I call Apricot Chicken and will blog about the next time I make it.


Recipe:

1 can cranberry sauce (I used chunky)
1 bottle French dressing
1 packet dry onion soup mix
4 large boneless skinless chicken breast (I cut mine onto 4 large slices)

Mix together ingredients for sauce. Lay chicken flat in a 9x12 baking dish and salt as desired. Pour sauce over chicken and turn to coat. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees or until chicken is cooked through.

Serve over hot rice or with veggies as desired.

I actually changed the name slightly! It is just called Cranberry Chicken, but when Ashley saw the dish come out of the oven, she went "EWW What is that? It has raisins in it!" I told her it was something new and with an accent said it's "French Cranberry Chicken!" She said, "Oh, that's WORSE!" I had to laugh. In the end she said it was pretty good. Brian and Dennis said they both LOVED it ... well Brian did ... Dennis had 3rd's so I took that to mean the same ... or that he was just overly hungry!

I forgot to salt the chicken before putting the sauce on it and I also overcooked it just a bit, so next time I think it will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment