Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm so PROUD of Myself!

For those who know me, I'm a "HOT MESS" in the kitchen! I can't do anything homemade and if it requires me to follow a recipe that has more than about 6 things to measure then I'm telling you it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

So, I don't know what came over me tonight, but I decided that the stash of almost over-ripe tomatoes from our weekend garden picking needed to be used and guess what I was making ... spaghetti! :) We'd just gotten back from a busy day of dr appointments followed by meeting some friends at the pool, so again I'm not sure what came over me to try something new and possibly complicated. I didn't think I had time to look up a recipe, so I just decided to wing it!

~10 small to medium Roma tomatoes (from our garden) - blended or put into a food processor
26oz jar crushed tomatoes (Costoc) side note: I seriously use these for just about anything that requires pasta sauce or soup base
1 TBS crushed garlic
2 TBS sugar (I use raw organic, but regular sugar is probably just fine)
2 TBS dried parsley
1 tps dried oregano
1 tps dried basil
1 tps dried cilantro
sprinkle of crushed red peppers (if desired to add some spice)
salt & pepper as desired
1/4 cup dried chopped onions
add cooked, crumbled ground beef or ground turkey if desired
Serve over pasta of your choice! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment